Last Updated: March 10, 2017
- use, and
“Personal Information” means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to identify a specific individual.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect Personal Information (such as your name, email, login and password details, registrations and applications, postal address and telephone number) when you:
- create an account;
- register or apply for a Course, either directly or by using your social networking credentials on the Service or a third-party website;
- participate in our surveys, promotions and competitions
- post information to the Service that includes Personal Information; and
- communicate with us, for example to submit queries regarding the Site or the Service.
Registration. To create an account, you may need to provide Personal Information, such as your name, email address, and address. You may also provide other optional information.
Using the Service. We may collect the Personal Information you post as you use the Service, such as when you sign up for a Course or newsletter, or post your comments in a chat room or on a blog post. We discourage posting sensitive or Personal Information in comments as they are viewable by the public.
Social Log-In. When you use your social media credentials to register for a Course or to post a comment to the Service, we collect Personal Information from the social media website. For example, when you log in with your Facebook credentials, we may collect the Personal Information you have made publicly available in Facebook, such as your name and profile picture or logo. We may also collect your email address.
From Third Parties. We may use third parties to perform certain tasks for us, such as facilitating your purchase of a Course. Such third parties will provide us the Personal Information, such as your name, address, and email address, you provide to them so that we have your information for Course rosters.
Customer Support. We may collect Personal Information through your communications with our customer-support, marketing, admissions, student support, career services and sales teams. This information will be used to send you information you have requested from us or which we think you may find useful.
Making Payments. When you make payments to pay for a Course, you may need to provide Personal Information to our third-party service providers, such as your credit card number.
Surveys, promotions and competitions we may collect personal information arising from surveys or promotions we may run from time to time If you choose to respond or participate.
Cookies, Automatic Data Collection, and Related Technologies.
The Service collects and stores information that is generated automatically as you use it, including your preferences and usage statistics.
When you visit the Service, we and our third-party service providers receive and record information on our server logs, including your IP address, the type of internet browser or device you use any website you have come to the Site from and your operating system.
Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing the secure areas of the Site. They also enable us to deliver services you have asked for.
- Examples of strictly necessary cookies set by us are cookies that keep you logged in during your visit on the Site and that enable you to navigate between pages during a browser session so that you can use the Site most efficiently.
Performance cookies: These cookies collect statistical information on how visitors use our Site so that we can make improvements to the Site, how it works and our services. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies visitors. The information that is collected is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Examples of performance cookies set by us are cookies that track website traffic and help us collect data about what users are doing on our Site so that we can improve our website and enhance your overall experience.
Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make such as your user name when you login to your account or the language or region you are in. They may also be used to help you watch a video or comment on a blog and are intended to improve your online experience.
- Examples of functionality cookies set by us are cookies that may serve a different version of the Site to you as compared to other users to determine which version works better, cookies that prevent you from seeing different home pages or other split tests in the future, and bookmarking cookies that help us retrieve and display information you stored on our Site for your next visit.
Internet-based advertising: Gathering information about the pages through our advertising partners, on the website that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”. This information is then used to place interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be relevant to your market segment. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.com. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
- Examples of internet-based advertising cookies set by us are cookies that tell us where you came from so that we can evaluate marketing and advertising campaigns, cookies that help us determine where you are located so that we can serve you advertisements that are relevant to you based on your location and cookies that help us group you into interest groups with other users so that we can show you advertisements that are relevant to you while you’re on our Site and on other websites.
Some of the cookies on our Site are set by us (first party cookies) and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can use your browser to notify you each time a cookie is set or to block and delete cookies from your browser. However, please note that if you do that, the Service may not work properly and you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site or our services. You can learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.
In addition to cookies we use the following similar technologies in respect of your use of the Site:
- Pixel Gifs/web beacons – these are small image files that may be placed by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site or within the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the Site are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
- Flash cookies – We do not serve Flash cookies but Adobe Flash Player may be used by third parties serving advertisements to the Site in cases where these advertisements are served with flash related content. It is not possible to block or restrict or block flash cookies using your browser setting, however information on how to do this is available from the Adobe website at: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security.
HOW WE MAY USE AND SHARE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
The information that we collect about you may be used by us and shared with third parties in any manner and for any purpose permitted by law. We primarily use your information for the following purposes:
- Identify you and your account;
- Provide and improve our services;
- To communicate with you; and
- For marketing purposes.
Internal and Service-Related Usage. We use information, including Personal Information, for internal and service-related purposes and may provide it to third parties to allow us to facilitate the Service. We may use and retain any data we collect to provide and improve our services.
Communications. We may send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance.
Marketing. The information that we collect about you may be used by us and shared with third parties in any manner and for any purpose permitted by law. This may include, but may not be limited to, disclosing Personal Information that we collect to third parties for their marketing purposes. Examples of ways and with whom we may share the information that we collect, including Personal Information, include:
- With third parties in connection with processing or fulfilling your requests or inquiries;
- With companies who may use such information for their own marketing purposes, including to contact you in order to offer you their products or services, or the products or services of other third parties;
- With companies who may resell, exchange or otherwise provide your information to other businesses for various marketing purposes, including to contact you with offers regarding third party products or services;
- With advertisers whose content we publish or display, their agents, third party ad servers, and service providers;
- With service providers we engage to provide us with services that support our business operations;
- In response to government or regulatory agency requests, court orders, subpoenas, or as we otherwise believe to be required or permitted in connection with any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- In connection with the consolidation, sale of or other transaction related to our business.
You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding our products and services by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you.
Aggregate Data. We may anonymize and aggregate data collected through the Service and service and use it to improve our content and services, including research into the users of our Site and services.
HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information:
- with our third-party service providers, including Instructors;
- as aggregate statistics about visitors to our site with partners, sources of capital and other third parties but excluding any personally identifiable information
- on the Service;
- with social networking websites, at your direction;
- to comply with legal obligations;
- to protect and defend our rights and property or the personal safety of any person; or
- where appropriate, with your permission.
We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers, including Instructors, retained in connection with the provision of the Service. These service providers typically have their own privacy policies.
Displaying to Other Users. Some content you post to the Service may be displayed on the Service. Other users of the Service may be able to see some information about you, such as information contained in comments posted in a chat room or on a blog post. You should exercise caution when using public forums and not disclose your personal information. For more information, please review the Terms.
Social Networking and Other Websites. The Service may allow you to post information to social networking websites. We do not share your information with them unless you direct the Service to share it. Their use of the information will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; or protect yours, ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be used, sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
External links The Site may, from time to time contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such sites.
We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. All information provided and transactions conducted on our Site, including payment transactions, will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us by calling (732) 361-4853. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
GOVERNING LAW/INTERNATIONAL USERS
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your information you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION OR POSE A QUESTION OR SUGGESTION